Largest Employers in Sheridan County
The Sheridan County Chamber has just updated our study to identify the largest employers in the Sheridan County area, as measured by the number of full-time equivalent employees in our area. (see note below)
So who are the 10 largest employers?
1. Sheridan County School District #2 (Sheridan/Story)
2. Sheridan VA Healthcare System
3. Memorial Hospital of Sheridan County
4. Cloud Peak Energy (Spring Creek Mine, Decker, MT)
5. Northern Wyoming Community College District
6. BNSF Railway
8. Sheridan County School District #1 (Big Horn, Dayton,
9. City of Sheridan
10. County of Sheridan
This year’s top 10 ranking is unchanged from 2012, but there are changes further down the top 25 list. Click here to see the 25 largest employers in the Sheridan County area.
Note: By “full-time equivalent,” we mean that we counted each part-time or seasonal employee as .5 of a full-time employee. By “area,” we are also including employers in Decker, MT, where almost all of the employees live in Sheridan County.
Posted in the following categories: About Sheridan County, Economic & Business Development