Buildings and Grounds Maintenance Worker – Full-Time
Buildings and Grounds, Sheridan County
Job Title: Buildings and Grounds Maintenance Worker – Full-Time, 12pm to 9pm M-F
Salary Range: $27,000.00 to $30,000.00 annually DOE.
Benefits: Medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, term life insurance, Wyoming Retirement Program, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays.
JOB SUMMARY: This position participates in the maintenance of county buildings and grounds. Is the shift lead for evening custodial staff.
- Performs janitorial duties in assigned buildings; mops and vacuums floors; cleans restrooms; cleans windows; collects litter.
- Snow removal and mows lawns and trims weeds, shrubbery.
- Maintains and repairs lawn/snow removal equipment.
- Repairs plumbing systems.
- Unstops sewage and drain lines.
- Maintain/Service air conditioning and heating units.
- Distributes janitorial supplies to county buildings.
- Paints building interiors and exteriors.
- Assists in the set-up for special events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of building and grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, construction, and mechanical repair and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of cleaning and upkeep of buildings.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in maintenance, repair, and operation of grounds maintenance equipment.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Wyoming for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Mailing Address: Human Resources, 224 S. Main St. STE B-1, Sheridan WY 82801
For additional information please contact Kenny Custis, Human Resources Coordinator at 307-675-2912.
***Resumes will be accepted through March 17, 2019.
Sheridan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer