Sheridan County Road and Bridge Division
Job Title: District Operator
Salary Range: $35,000.00 to $37,500.00 annual D.O.E.
Benefits: Medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, term life insurance, Wyoming Retirement
Program, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays.
Hours of work are from 6:00AM to 5:00 PM, Monday-Thursday.
Description: This position is responsible for the maintenance of county roads and bridges in an assigned district.
• Operates and maintains assigned heavy equipment, including motor grader, backhoe, etc.
• Maintains gravel roads by linear grading to remove potholes and washboards.
• Performs dirt work to realign roads and prepare for gravel.
• Plows snow from roads to provide a safe travel surface.
• On weekend standby for snow removal, flooding, washouts, fire, etc.
• Builds firebreaks during wild land fire suppression activities.
• Applies asphalt blade patch on paved roads.
• Inspects roads in assigned district and formulates plans to correct shortcomings.
• Installs and cleans, culverts and barrow ditch to improve drainage
• Places rip-rap along stream edges and near bridges to prevent erosion.
• Schedules and performs equipment service and maintenance.
• Transports equipment to and from work sites; hauls gravel and other materials.
• Inspects roads for damaged or missing traffic signs; replaces as necessary.
• Maintains fencing & snow Fence.
• Brush & Tree cutting and chipping.
• Guardrail maintenance.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDE AND SKILS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, and equipment used maintenance and construction.
• Knowledge of the characteristics of gravel.
• Knowledge of equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
• Knowledge of County geography.
• Skill in identifying problems and developing solutions.
• Skill in establishing cooperative and productive working relationships.
• Skill in the establishment of proper grades.
Candidate will have Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education. Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years. Have the possession of (Example; CDL), or the ability to obtain a valid driver license issued by the State of Wyoming for the type of vehicle or equipment to be operated within 6 weeks of employment. EOE
***Sheridan County will provide additional training, as needed, to meet the requirements of the position.
Employment will be subject to a drug screen and background check.
Apply for position at: (Provide a resume and cover letter)
Web-site: www.sheridancounty.com or email to email@example.com
Mail to: Human Resources Coordinator
224 S. Main St. STE B-1
Sheridan, WY 82801