Job Title: Engineer Technician
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Sheridan, WY
Date Posted: 01/02/2019
Level/Salary Range: DOE
Posting Expires: N/A
Other Requirements: On-site in Sheridan, WY with some occasional travel
Applications Accepted By:
FAX OR EMAIL:
Phone: 307-674-6498 MAIL:
Attn: Brooke Collins
2071 N Main Street
Sheridan, WY 82801
As a member of the Design Team, serve as a conduit between customers and the Production Team using computer-aided design to develop product concept drawings, patterns, schematics, and written documentation according to customer specifications and Kennon Quality Standards.
• Interact with customers to gather input and dimension information to create prototype patterns and products.
• Use design software for drafting and illustrating requirements for production, contract, or development needs.
• Provide cost, labor, and/or material estimates for product proposals and pricing.
• Prepare evaluations of strength of materials, tolerances, and stresses as needed.
• Assist in planning, design and development of test requirements to established product and/or customer specifications.
• Research, create, and build prototypes to satisfy specifications.
• Perform testing of prototypes to verify product reliability and performance requirements.
• Make suggestions on various design requirements and recommend possible solutions or alternatives.
• Document and authorize design changes as appropriate.
• Prepare new/improved product and component drawings and documents (standard work, kit lists, specs, etc.) for engineering and manufacturing.
• Work with Production Team to ensure correct and efficient manufacture of product.
• Seek improvements to existing products based on customer needs or internal production challenges.
• Review adaptation of existing products for new applications and other customer markets.
• Provide other drafting and illustrating services or analysis in support of design engineers, research and development engineers, and engineering projects as required.
QUALIFICATION AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be proficient with AutoCad and be familiar with SolidWorks and Rhino;
• Have 2+ years experience in a production environment;
• Possess an associate degree in a relevant area of study;
• Demonstrate excellent customer-centric skills, both written and verbal;
• Exemplify Kennon’s Core Values: Care, Fun, Talent, Dare, Be Real, Deliver Quality, Safety, Urgency, Integrity, and Communicate.
Kennon Products has a thirty-year history of proudly designing and manufacturing quality products that protect high value assets. Founded in 1984 to provide general aviation products, Kennon has grown into a multi-faceted company with international sales. We lead with cutting edge research and development, utilization of advanced materials and composites, and delivery of diverse product lines that include: preservation of private, commercial, and military aircraft integrity; safety in behavioral health; and life-protection for our service men and women. Our success has come through consistently providing innovation, ensuring superior design, and maintaining our commitment to quality.
Kennon is an equal opportunity employer and will seriously consider every qualified applicant interested in joining our growing team. Please provide a cover letter, résumé, and at least one personal and two professional references by email, mail, or in person.