Advanced Communications Technology, Inc.
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Location: Sheridan, Wyoming
Department: Engineering Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Performs a variety of tasks within the engineering department. Responsible for preparing and maintaining accurate detailed maps, staking sheets, schematics, and other diagrams to meet or exceed company design standards and specifications using GIS based software such as AutoCAD Map, Mapcom systems, or other similar system; assist in the maintenance of plant and cable records data using facilities records management software, engineering tools and Mapcom (or similar) systems; close out work order. Assist in field staking, private right-of-way acquisition, permitting federal, state and local agencies, project cost estimating, planning, preparation and design for construction of new (or removal/rearrangement of existing) telecommunications outside plant facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Utilizes CAD software; maintain current knowledge of principles and applications;
• Utilize Mapcom systems or similar software; maintain current knowledge of principles and applications;
• Accurately create, revise and update drawings, staking sheets, maps, schematics and other related specification sheets for planning, construction and installation of telecommunication cable and equipment within a scheduled time frame;
• Utilize facilities records management software; maintain current knowledge of principles and applications;
• Maintain knowledge of current industry and Range companies design standards and specifications.
• Accurately maintain cable reel program, CPR program, and other engineering record keeping programs.
• Assign work order numbers and information;
• Close out of work orders within a scheduled time frame;
• Assist in project field staking, design and planning of new construction, removal or rearrangement of existing underground lines, cable and conduits;
• Research ownership and secure right-of-way from local, state, federal agencies and private individuals; maintain personal, phone and written contact with local, state, federal agencies and general public and fellow workers;
• Submit accurate timesheets, mileage reports, expense receipts, materials and expense reimbursement requests in a timely manner;
• Attend and participate in company safety & training meetings; use protective equipment and observe safety practices and procedures;
• Must work effectively as a team player;
• Must pay close attention to detail, be thorough and accurate;
• Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time. *
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Associates degree in Civil Engineering, CADD, or similar, PLUS two to three of telecom engineering or outside plant experience, or equivalent experience and education.
Licenses: Driver’s license.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime and/or travel will be required on occasion. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.
Send resume with cover letter to:
ACT/Range Human Resources email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POB 127 Fax: 406-347-2401
Forsyth, MT 59327