JOB TITLE: Facilities Manager
REPORTS TO: Technical Director/Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Lead Custodian, part-time custodian
The Facilities Manager has the responsibility of maintaining the facility operations of the WYO Performing Arts & Education Center. This includes building maintenance as well as system operations maintenance. The Facilities Manager will also help arrange, set up and tear down rental events in all rentable space of the PA&EC. Finally, the Facilities Manager will provide custodial support as necessary. The Facilities Manager reports to both the Technical Director and Executive Director and may work with a great deal of independence. Because of the irregular operating hours, close supervision is not expected. Roles assigned will vary greatly depending on event schedule.
The WYO Theater is a 483-seat remodeled Vaudeville space which contracts to bring in traveling shows, provides a venue for local theater and other events. The Mars black box theater adjoins the WYO and is a smaller very flexible “open” space. Through a partnership with Sheridan College, it is used as an educational as well as performance space during the school year with events also scheduled by the WYO as needed. In addition, the Dance Studio and Tandem Rehearsal Room adjoins the theater to the North also used as an educational space.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and evaluates custodians.
- Assumes responsibility for the comprehensive overall long-term planning and scheduling of routine maintenance, major maintenance, and preventative maintenance.
- Works with state or governmental agencies to ensure that all rules and regulations are followed and keeps current on applicable state statues and building codes.
- Ensures that standards consistent with all applicable laws are maintained at a minimum.
- Collaborates and communicates proactively with staff regarding custodial, construction, maintenance, and security.
- Keeps informed of the latest trends, developments, and products in the areas of construction, maintenance, repair, upkeep and encourages innovation and experimentation as appropriate.
- Determines and establishes detailed specifications pertaining to supplies, materials, equipment, and local contract work.
- Conducts a continuing analysis of systems and procedures.
- Oversees compliance with Occupational Safety and health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations, including the monitoring of construction sites and existing facilities.
- Identifies facility needs as they arise and creates a comprehensive plan to address these needs.
- Assists or coordinates the setup and tear down of outside events.
- Supports the lead custodian in maintaining a clean, comfortable and professional environment.
Preferred Candidate Requirements
- Have three years of experience in the construction and/or maintenance industry.
- Demonstrate aptitude and competence of assigned responsibilities.
- Have a working knowledge of all building systems, construction documents, and contracts.
- Upper body strength to lift up to 40 pounds and carry more than 50 feet throughout the work day and lift 75 pounds to waist height.
- Lower body strength to stand and walk throughout the day or to sit throughout the day.
- Ability to work at heights in excess of 10 feet from ladders, catwalks, roof tops etc.
- Ability to work around or be in contact with items that affect senses (ie. chemicals, loud equipment, etc).
- General knowledge of maintenance and repair of facility, plumbing, HVAC and electrical.
- Computer literacy in basic office applications and willingness to learn modern CAD/Entertainment software.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to keep calm, productive and pleasant in a job that includes numerous projects and responsibilities, tight deadlines, and a creative but sometimes chaotic atmosphere.
- Ability to work well with other members of the staff to meet the needs of users and patrons.
Hours: Part-Time 20+ per week; ability to work nights and weekends. Must be able to deal with early mornings, late evenings, and last minute scheduling situations.
Rate of Pay: starting at $15/hr doe
Benefits: complimentary tickets to WYO Theater events
To apply: Submit a resume including references and cover letter to Erin Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.