Fifteen percent of people in Sheridan Country and the surrounding area are uninsured. The Sheridan Health
Center strives to provide these people with affordable, quality healthcare that would otherwise be out of reach.
Join our team today as an AmeriCorps VISTA member and help bring our services to more people who need
FIGHTING POVERTY AND INCREASING ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE
Become an AmeriCorps VISTA Member – make a year-long full time commitment to serve as a Grant Developer at Sheridan Health Center in Sheridan, WY. With passion, commitment and hard work, VISTA members bring individuals and communities out of poverty and improve access to health care. VISTA members focus their efforts on building the organizational, administrative, and financial capacity to combat poverty and the bring increased access to affordable healthcare to Sheridan County.
At the Sheridan Health Center the VISTA member will:
• Build relationships with current funders and prepare applications and auxiliary materials needed to renew and
• Re-establish funding relationships with previous funders through outreach and renewed funding requests.
• Research and develop funding sources not considered by the Health Center in the past including business and
corporate funding sources.
• Develop funding for smaller projects benefiting health center patients including early cancer screening, transportation to and from the clinic, expanded vision exam funding, and expanded addiction treatment funding.
Service strengthens the fabric of our community. Service cultivates people’s strengths, creates connections
and relationships, and builds capacity for sustainable solutions to poverty.
Grant Developer Benefits:
• Monthly Living Allowance: ~$990
• Choice of $5,920 Education Award or $1,500 Cash Award
• Basic Health Coverage*
• Relocation Assistance (if eligible)
• Childcare Assistance (if eligible)
• Student Loan Deferment/Forbearance. Student loan interest paid during Forbearance (if eligible)
• 1 year of non-competitive eligibility for federal employment
• Networking opportunities
• Professional development & training
LEARN MORE. GET INVOLVED. TAKE ACTION.
Learn more about how you can join or partner with the Sheridan Health Center by contacting Wendy Ongaro, Sheridan Health Center Executive Director, at (307)-674-6995 or email@example.com. Or go to AmeriCorps.gov/VISTA.