HR Generalist/Corporate Assistant
WWC Engineering is seeking a HR Generalist/Corporate Assistant to join our team. WWC is an independent, employee-owned, multi-disciplinary, professional firm. We have over 90 employees and have served the Rocky Mountain region since 1980. Our client focus is to provide innovation, quality and value to every project. WWC strives to provide employees a positive, stable and enjoyable work environment and top-notch employee benefits.
WWC Engineering’s corporate staff is located in Sheridan, Wyoming at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains. The area has spectacular scenery and endless outdoor activities. Sheridan takes pride in being an excellent place to raise a family, with outstanding schools and many cultural activities unique to a small-town setting.
HR Generalist/Corporate Assistant
This position provides support to the President/CEO and carries out responsibilities for Human Resource and Marketing Communications across WWC. This position will handle administrative duties along with developing and managing consistent HR and Marketing processes across branches. Confidentiality, collaboration, relationship building and a commitment to maintaining the corporate culture will be imperative to success in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
§ Coordinates and carries out new recruitment/retention/hiring plan working closely with HR Consultant and department/branch management.
- Coordinates and carries out job description initiative (with consultant/management assistance).
- Coordinates and carries out employee evaluation initiative (with consultant/management assistance).
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Participates in meetings for annual insurance renewals and 401k administration.
- Assists with benefit administration and assists with issue resolution when employee questions aren’t answered through the third-party help line.
- Maintains ACA compliance information and works with contractor on form preparation.
- Prepares mandatory federal/state employee census forms.
- Facilitates policy manual revisions including gathering/updating information and presenting changes to employees.
- Coordinates and monitors employee wellness program and schedules all related events.
Corporate Administration and Support for President/CEO
- Assists with coordinating and completing a range of administrative tasks for the President/CEO.
- Coordinates, organizes and assists with new customer documentation.
- Develops and implements corporate travel policies/processes and works closely with branch administrative staff to consistently administer.
- Plans and assists with company functions to support a smoothly ran professional event.
- Through the direction of the President/CEO and Director of Finance/HR, collaborates with branch level administrative staff to implement uniform HR and Marketing processes/procedures to increase efficiency and consistency across the organization.
- Assists with marketing communications across the organization to create a consistent brand message.
- Monitors WWC’s website and facilitates updates to ensure it is current and meeting brand standards.
- Manages and updates the brand standards document and works closely with the department/branch managers to resolve discrepancies and ensure consistency across the organization.
Backup for Accounting
- During peak periods and short staffing may assist the accounting team with the following responsibilities: Distribute monthly customer statements, coordinate/organize/assist with new vendor documents, organize/maintain subcontractor contracts and documents, assist accountant with financial report compilation and distribution and document preparation and gathering for WYDOT audit.
§ Possesses HR knowledge and is committed to ongoing learning in the field
§ Builds collaborative relationships across an organization
§ Strong administrative and organizational skills
§ Manages projects effectively from start to finish
§ Strong written and verbal communication skills
§ Self-managed and takes initiative
§ Critical thinker with sound decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience required in HR or an administrative role working directly with senior management
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP and/or PHR/SPHR certification preferred
Interested candidates please email cover letter and resume to WWC Engineering recruitment at Stacia@peakconsult.net. Questions please contact Stacia Skretteberg at 307-752-3608.