Vacutech LLC is seeking a Materials Manager to join our expanding team. Vacutech, LLC is the leader in designing and building central carwash vacuum systems, janitorial and house cleaning systems and vacuum for industrial and commercial applications. We are seeking a candidate experienced in supply chain management, who is self-motivated, process oriented, customer service driven, and has an incredible attention to detail. Candidates must have the experience and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking. Strong leadership is essential in this role as well as an ability to work collaboratively. This position will interface with our manufacturing personnel, CAD designers, sales team, internal and external project managers, and build long-term, sustainable, mutually beneficial relationships with our external vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic Material Purchasing & Placement
- Establish and ensure the success of strategic material and acquisition cost savings initiatives.
- Guarantee the timely availability of materials to production while effectively monitor material usage and inventory levels.
- Implement inventory strategies that achieve optimal success for our growing business.
- Leveraging Vendor Relations
- Identify and analyze key vendors to establish long-term strategic relationships and ensure sustainable growth and mutually beneficial business success.
- Prepare near and long-term contracts with key suppliers to secure stable supply conditions and economical sourcing of critical materials.
- Managing/Controlling Costs
- Maintain awareness of current market conditions and pricing for critical materials and commodities to ensure maximum flexibility and adaptability to changes.
- Vendor Management
- Work directly with customers, vendors, and internal personnel to resolve pre- and post-materials issues.
- Manages department and is responsible for the performance management, setting priorities and leveraging talents to achieve departmental objectives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
- Organization Skills
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Supply Management, Business or equivalent required.
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience in a variety of the following areas: strategic vendor management, purchasing, materials, inventory control, and personnel management.
- MRP/ERP experience preferred.
Interested, skilled applicants with the ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen should submit a completed application for employment and resume to Vacutech at PO Box 3048, Sheridan, WY 82801 or in person at the Vacutech office. Vacutech is an equal opportunity employer.