Job Title: Production Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Sheridan, WY
Date Posted: 03/00/2019
Level/Salary Range: $14/hour Posting
Other Requirements: Second shift, 2pm – 11pm with initial training during day shifts
Applications Accepted By:
FAX OR EMAIL:
Phone: 307-674-6498 ext 102 MAIL:
Attn: Brooke Collins
2071 N Main Street
Sheridan, WY 82801
Kennon is a dynamic and growing manufacturing company whose success is based in excellent quality and customer service. We design and manufacture products that protect high value assets around the world. As a Production Specialist, you will be on the cutting and sewing edge of the industry operating manufacturing equipment. While we prefer candidates with sewing experience, we will happily train any candidate who has demonstrated a strong work ethic, enthusiasm, attention to detail, a willingness to learn, and dependability. Every Kennon employee is expected to exemplify our Core Values of Care, Fun, Talent, Dare, Be Real, Deliver Quality, Safety, Urgency, Integrity, and Communicate.
• Prepare and maintain production equipment
• Operate production equipment to manufacture a wide range of products (aircraft covers, Ligature-resistant Doors, etc.)
• Perform various detail tasks on products
• Follow pattern directions, standard work, and demos to produce conforming and quality product
• Fulfill demand based on customer requirements as communicated on sales orders.
• Build quality into product; verify conformity and quality throughout production process.
• Identify and correct nonconforming items; ask for assistance and clarity as needed.
• Report instances of rework & scrap; quarantine nonconforming materials; track time on rework efforts
• Work as team member on large volume production efforts; work in flow when appropriate; recommend process improvements
• Identify areas of opportunity; work with Design Engineers to improve product manufacturability
• Exemplify the company’s core values
QUALIFICATION AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
This position requires extended periods of sitting, sometimes extended periods of standing. Qualified candidates must be able to bend, twist, lift 30 pounds from the floor up onto a table, have fine motor skills with good manual dexterity, and have good verbal and written communication skills.
Kennon Products has a thirty-year history of proudly designing and manufacturing quality products that protect high value assets. Founded in 1984 to provide general aviation products, Kennon has grown into a multi-faceted company with international sales. We lead with cutting edge research and development, utilization of advanced materials and composites, and delivery of diverse product lines that include: preservation of private, commercial, and military aircraft integrity; safety in behavioral health; and life-protection for our service men and women. Our success has come through consistently providing innovation, ensuring superior design, and maintaining our commitment to quality.
Kennon is an equal opportunity employer and will seriously consider every qualified applicant interested in joining our growing team. Please provide a cover letter, résumé, and at least one personal and two professional references by email, mail, or in person.