Program Developer for Addiction Services
Fifteen percent of people in Sheridan Country and the surrounding area are uninsured. The Sheridan Health
Center strives to provide these people with affordable, quality healthcare that would otherwise be out of reach.
Join our team today as an AmeriCorps VISTA member and help bring our services to more people who need
FIGHTING POVERTY AND INCREASING ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE
Become an AmeriCorps VISTA Member – make a year-long full time commitment to serve as a Program Developer for Addiction Services at the Sheridan Health Center in Sheridan, WY. With Passion commitment and hard work VISTA members bring individuals and communities out of poverty and improve access to health care. VISTA
members focus their efforts on building the organizational, administrative, and financial capacity to combat poverty and the bring increased access to affordable healthcare to Sheridan County.
At the Sheridan Health Center the VISTA member will:
• Learn about other programs and initiatives that are being used in public health to address the challenges facing
the opioid epidemic.
• Develop programs for addressing gaps in services to the addiction community, including working on budgets,
developing a strategic fundrasing plan, and implementing these programs.
• Perform grant writing activities for these programs with the assistance of the Executive Director and Grant
Service strengthens the fabric of our community. Service cultivates people’s strengths, creates connections
and relationships, and builds capacity for sustainable solutions to poverty.
Program Developer for Addiction Services Benefits:
• Monthly Living Allowance: ~$990
• Choice of $5,920 Education Award or $1,500 Cash Award
• Basic Health Coverage*
• Relocation Assistance (if eligible)
• Childcare Assistance (if eligible)
• Student Loan Deferment/Forbearance. Student loan interest paid during Forbearance (if eligible)
• 1 year of non-competitive eligibility for federal employment
• Networking opportunities
• Professional development & training
LEARN MORE. GET INVOLVED. TAKE ACTION.
Learn more about how you can join or partner with the Sheridan Health Center by contacting Wendy Ongaro, Sheridan Health Center Executive Director, at (307)-674-6995 or email@example.com. Or apply at my.americorps.gov.