Job Title: R&D Engineer
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Sheridan, WY
Date Posted: 3/14/2019
Level/Salary Range: DOE
Posting Expires: 3/29/2019
Other Requirements: Candidates must be U.S. Citizens for work on Department of Defense contracts; some travel will be required.
Applications Accepted By:
FAX OR EMAIL:
Phone: 307-674-6498 Ext 102 MAIL:
Attn: Brooke Ann Collins
2071 N Main Street
Sheridan, WY 82801
Research, develop, and improve new and existing products/materials/technologies as determined by the company’s development priorities.
• Conduct and document experiments and research activities utilizing established mathematical and scientific techniques to compile and analyze data. Summarize results and communicate findings to internal and external bodies.
• Research new designs and methods to enhance or improve existing products and technologies, aid in developing new, cutting-edge products and/or processes.
• Evaluate, select, and adapt or modify techniques, procedures and criteria to problem solve. Plan, schedule, conduct/coordinate detailed phases of engineering work.
• Support R&D projects including scheduling, presentations, documentation & reporting, and direct customer communication, as assigned.
• Perform work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult integration requirements.
• Prepare technical reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations for use by engineering, management personnel or technical services activities.
• Initiate new project concepts and seek funding. Develop and/or contribute to technical proposals and make presentations to customers/funding sponsors.
• Perform on-site demonstrations, test fit verifications and first article performance verifications, as necessary.
• Perform work in adherence to Kennon’s Quality Management System, including development and maintenance of documentation and procedures.
• Foster and drive an environment and work output based on continuous improvement.
• Exemplify Kennon’s Core Values
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
B.S. in an engineering discipline required; 2+ years R&D experience or advanced degree preferred.
Engineer in Training or Professional Engineer license.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
Able to think creatively and solve unique problems with innovative solutions
Strong oral and written communication skills
Experience writing technical reports such as test plans, qualification reports, manufacturing analyses
Great attention to detail and time management skills
Able to work independently and as a member of multiple teams
Experience in material science, manufacturing technology, numerical simulations, characterization testing, and/or prototype development
Competent in computer-aided design programs such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Rhinoceros
Competent in mathematics/analysis software such as Excel, MATLAB, Mathcad, Maple, EES
Familiar with office productivity tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Project
Kennon Products, Inc. is an employee-owned company that manufactures products and provides engineering service for a multitude of markets including the Department of Defense (DoD), commercial/general/military aviation, NASA, and behavioral healthcare. Our company strives for excellence in innovative manufacturing and engineering while cultivating leaders in its industry and community. We are inspired by and committed to the protection of high value assets, from aircraft and other essential equipment to the most important asset: life.
Kennon is an equal opportunity employer and will seriously consider every qualified applicant interested in joining our growing team. Please provide a cover letter, résumé, and at least one personal and two professional references by email, mail, or in person.