Vacutech LLC, the largest private employer in Sheridan, Wyoming, is seeking a Safety Officer to join our expanding team. Vacutech LLC is the leader in designing and building central carwash vacuum systems, janitorial and house cleaning systems and vacuum for industrial and commercial applications. We are seeking an experienced candidate to plan, organize and direct day-to-day activities to improve safety performance. Candidates must have the at least 5 years of experience with OSHA, ideally in a manufacturing setting and an associate’s degree in industrial safety or related field of study. A combination of experience and education may be considered. This position requires working with our manufacturing personnel, CAD designers, sales team, other internal and external project managers and vendors. Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving the safety performance of the organization.
- Manage the development, planning and implementation of strong health and safety programs in alignment with legal, regulatory, and industry best practice.
- Creates or modifies safety programs and policies as needed.
- Ensure continual improvement through development of clear safety metrics, risk assessments, and performance monitoring.
- Develop a strong safety culture across the site, ensuring all incidents are reported, investigated and corrective actions implemented as appropriate. In addition, facilitate sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
- Partner with leadership team regarding incident case management and interface with human resources as needed.
- Define, maintain and manage the site emergency response procedures to assure preparedness and effective management of crisis situations.
- Coordinates, plans, and implements the actions and recommendations of the County Safety Committee; provides technical assistance and advice to the Committee.
- Investigates serious accidents and/or incidents of injury or property damage to ascertain cause and need for corrective action; develops and implements measures and strategies to prevent their recurrence in order to meet long-range loss-reduction goals; advises departments as to the keeping of records and coordinates the compilation of information necessary for files and reports.
- Develops and provides individual counseling, and on-site and classroom training to employees on safety practices and policies, accident prevention techniques, and accident reporting; coordinates the keeping of records of safety training.
- Building Relationships
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Working in fast paced environment
- Decision Making
- Technical Capacity
- Organization Skills
- College degree from an accredited college or university preferred (Industrial Health & Safety, Construction Safety, or Related)
- At least five years of relevant work experience in an OSHA regulated environment
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Investigation and apparent cause analysis experience
Interested, skilled applicants with the ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen should submit a completed application for employment and resume to Vacutech at PO Box 3048, Sheridan, WY 82801 or in person at the Vacutech office. Vacutech is an equal opportunity employer.