Job Title: Production Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Sheridan, WY
Date Posted: 11/20/2018
Level/Salary Range: DOE
Posting Expires: N/A
Other: Must be able to work 6am-2:30pm M-F or 2:00pm-11:00pm M-Th
On the job training
Competitive wages and benefits
Applications Accepted By:
FAX OR EMAIL:
Attn: Kim Detmer
2071 N Main Street
Sheridan, WY 82801
Manufacture Kennon products according to Kennon standards and quality principles. Production Specialist may also be assigned the role of Manufacturing Representative for product lines, specific products, or processes. Manufacturing Representatives assist in the definition, development, and documentation of standard work instructions, and promote standard production practices.
• PREPARE AND MAINTAIN PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT.
• OPERATE PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT.
• MANUFACTURE A WIDE RANGE OF PRODUCTS (AIRCRAFT COVERS, LIGATURE-RESISTANT DOORS, ETC.)
• PERFORM VARIOUS DETAIL TASKS.
• FOLLOW PATTERN DIRECTIONS, STANDARD WORK, AND DEMOS TO PRODUCE CONFORMING AND QUALITY PRODUCTS.
• FULFILL DEMAND BASED ON CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS AS COMMUNICATED ON SALES ORDERS.
• BUILD QUALITY INTO PRODUCT; VERIFY CONFORMITY AND QUALITY THROUGHOUT PRODUCTION PROCESS.
• IDENTIFY AND CORRECT NONCONFORMING ITEMS; ASK FOR ASSISTANCE AND CLARITY AS NEEDED.
• REPORT INSTANCES OF REWORK & SCRAP; QUARANTINE NONCONFORMING MATERIALS; TRACK TIME ON REWORK EFFORTS.
• WORK AS TEAM MEMBER ON LARGE VOLUME PRODUCTION EFFORTS; WORK IN FLOW WHEN APPROPRIATE; RECOMMEND PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS.
• IDENTIFY AREAS OF OPPORTUNITY; WORK WITH DESIGN ENGINEERS TO IMPROVE PRODUCT MANUFACTURABILITY.
• EXEMPLIFY THE COMPANY’S CORE VALUES.
Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
Able to think creatively and solve unique problems
Strong oral and written communication skills
Great attention to detail and time management skills
Able to work independently and as a member of multiple teams
Willing to learn
Kennon Products is a multi-faceted company with a reputation built on quality and service. Kennon has designed and manufactured quality items using advanced materials and composites to protect high value assets. Kennon was founded in 1984, built on the design and manufacture of high quality general aviation products. Kennon’s initial success led to growth and the ability to supply diverse product lines designed to preserve aircraft integrity for general aviation, military, and commercial aircraft of all types.
Kennon takes great pride in providing products of superior design, material, and performance to the United States Military and other customers throughout the world. In pursuit of preserving and protecting high value assets within the aviation industry and beyond, Kennon acquired material specialists, engineers, designers, and former-military aviation experts to complement the long-established technology and expertise of Kennon production and support personnel. Product lines and staffing have continued expanding to also include items and expertise in anti-ballistic vehicular armor, emergency inflatables, and other products/technologies generated by Small Business Innovation Research funding.
Kennon’s success and progress are based on innovation, dedication, and the desire to provide the best quality products – protecting what is important to Kennon customers. Kennon continues to demonstrate a commitment to the research, development, design, production, and supply of quality items protecting high value assets.