Thank you to everyone who came out for the 25th Anniversary of the Sheridan Christmas Stroll! Remember, you have until Christmas Eve to visit all of the Stroll participating businesses to look for your matching button number. Need a Stroll button? They are still available at the Chamber Office, 24 S. Main St., for $5 each.
With your Stroll button, you can also “Get Caught Shopping!” Monday through Saturday until Dec. 22, our secret elves will be out visiting Stroll participating businesses looking for Stroll button wearers. If they catch you in one of those businesses, wearing your 2020 Stroll button, you win Chamber Bucks on the spot! You can win $25, $50, $100 or $200 in Chamber Bucks. On Stroll Day, we gave out $2,500 in Chamber Bucks, and we have another $2,500 to give away through Dec. 22!
Christmas Stroll 2020
Friday, Nov. 27
Commemorative 25th Anniversary Stroll Buttons available now! Cost is $5 each, with only 2,500 available! Get yours at Stroll participating businesses or the Chamber of Commerce, 24 S. Main St.
The Christmas Stroll Planning Committee has worked diligently to be able to hold the Christmas Stroll again this year as we celebrate the 25th anniversary of this great community celebration.
- The 2020 Christmas Stroll will be held ALL DAY from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 27.
- • Kickoff the holiday shopping season on Stroll Day and continue to support local all season long!
- Enjoy Stroll-only sales and specials at participating stores!
- Main Street and Grinnell Plaza will remain open all day to accommodate parking.
- Enjoy the sounds of the season at the corner of Main Street and Grinnell Plaza courtesy of Sheridan Media.
- Stroll button holders can begin searching for their matching button number at Stroll participating businesses that morning and have until Christmas Eve to check all participating businesses!
- Get Caught Shopping will begin Stroll Day and will continue Monday through Saturday until Dec. 22! We’re giving away a total of $5,000 in Chamber Bucks to folks who get caught wearing their Stroll Button and visiting Stroll participating businesses!
- Santa will available to visit with children via the WYO Theater’s old fashioned ticket booth on Stroll Day from 9-11 a.m., 1-3 p.m. and 5-7 p.m. Please observe social distancing protocols while lining up outside the WYO Theater.
- A special thank you to Helen “Lytle” Campbell for designing this year’s commemorative Stroll Button. Helen’s original artwork will be auctioned off as well! Thank you to SAGE Community Arts for partnering with us for this year’s button design and auction. Bidding ends at 8 p.m. Stroll night. Click here to bid.
- The Chamber reminds you to Shop Safe, Wear Your Mask, Spread Out, Social Distance and Wash/Sanitize Your Hands.
Celebrate Christmas Cheer, Holiday Sales and More!
|Follow Sheridan Christmas Stroll on Facebook for updates and more!|
History of Sheridan Christmas Stroll:
The Sheridan Christmas Stroll has been held the day after Thanksgiving for the past 24 years and is the official kick off for the Christmas season!
Each year, Christmas Stroll brings up to 3,000 shoppers to Sheridan. Sheridan’s historic downtown is the hub of the Christmas Stroll event and activities, but businesses throughout Sheridan County participate. Stroll night activities include free photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, make-your-own-ornaments, wagon rides, in-store specials, Christmas carolers, winning Stroll buttons and much more.
Each year Sheridan County students in Grades 1-6 submit designs for the Stroll button based on the Stroll theme. The winning design is featured on the buttons, and the Chamber and participating businesses sell the Stroll buttons. Starting the night of Stroll, and through Christmas Eve, Stroll button holders can check all participating businesses for the number that matches their Stroll button number. If found, the person with the winning button number receives a prize of at least a $50 value from the business.
Following Stroll night, Stroll Button holders can “Get Caught Shopping” locally. Stroll Committee members try to “catch” Stroll button wearers shopping in Stroll-participating businesses prior to Christmas. Some lucky shoppers who get caught while wearing their buttons in participating stores may receive up to $250 in Chamber Bucks!
All proceeds from the Christmas Stroll go to the purchase of additional and replacement Christmas decorations for the Sheridan area.