Sheridan County Workforce Availability
Sheridan County Workforce Earnings
Sheridan Workforce Education Attainment Comparison to Other Cities, National Average
Sheridan County Largest Employers
Sheridan’s diverse economy shows in the varied employers who comprise the top 30 largest employers in Sheridan. These 30 employers account for nearly 31% of the employed workforce in Sheridan County. The remaining 69% of the workforce is employed by small businesses with less than 50 employees. Our community is proud of the importance of small businesses, and we seek to support and encourage these employers whenever possible.
Source: Sheridan County Chamber of Commerce, June 2012
Sheridan College Workforce Training and Development (WFTD)
WFTD works as an active partner with local businesses, creating customized courses or training programs to serve specific industries. Courses are available through a variety of delivery mediums, including classroom, internet, interactive TV, video, and on-site at your business. Topics vary from technical training such as electrical, diesel and computer application to soft skill training including leadership, customer service, and team building. WFTD also coordinates the Certified Nursing Assistants training within the Sheridan area and works closely with the veteran population offering numerous short-term computer skills and soft skills to longer-term educational training such as CNA and Commercial Driver License training.
WFTD partners with a variety of online educational services to provide a greater choice of continuing education programs including IT certification, computer training, health care certification, paralegal, business programs, and many more.
Business Training Grants for Existing Positions
Offered by the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services, these grants can provide up to $2,000 per trainee per fiscal year for established Wyoming businesses with existing employees who need a skill upgrade or retraining in their current occupations.
Business Training Grants for New Positions
These Wyoming Department of Workforce Services grants can provide up to $4,000 per trainee per fiscal year, depending on the employee’s full-time status and wage amount.
Source: Wyoming Dept. of Workforce Services