About the Chamber
Our vision is to be the #1 resource for business in Sheridan County.
The Sheridan County Chamber of Commerce is the proactive voice of local business, working for the promotion, protection and prosperity of our members and community.
- Actively promote a healthy business and economic climate for our area.
- Create a better understanding and appreciation of the importance of local area businesses and a concern for their problems.
- Represent the business community in city, county, state and national legislative and political affairs.
- Promote business and community growth and development; retention and expansion of existing businesses.
- Discover and correct circumstances which prevent the promotion of business expansion and community growth.
- Promote programs of a civic, social and cultural nature which increase the functional and aesthetic values of the community.
- Continue to promote tourism for the county and to work closely with the City of Sheridan, Sheridan County, and Sheridan Travel and Tourism in this effort.
The Chamber of Commerce serves as the primary conduit for information about our community, from requests for general community and event information to inquiries about relocation to our area. The Chamber provides a critical link between those seeking information and resources within our communities and the agencies, businesses, and organizations that provide those resources. The Chamber also operates the Wyoming State Information Center in Sheridan, in cooperation with Wyoming Travel and Tourism, greeting over 100,000 visitors per year.
The Chamber works closely with area businesses and state and local government officials in the development of public policy that may affect business health in Sheridan County. The Chamber provides a public forum for introduction of candidates during an election and hosts area legislators for a public information forum prior to each legislative session. The Chamber fosters communication and collaboration between area businesses, helping to create community synergy through information sharing, leveraging of resources, and the development of business connections.
Eight standing committees work on specific projects directed toward furthering the Chamber’s mission.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
More specifically about services of the Sheridan County Chamber of Commerce -
Business Retention and Expansion Services
- Leadership role in the county’s economic development, as a core member of the Economic Development Task Force
- Working in other ways with the City, County and State on economic development issues
- Working one-on-one with individual businesses on their own business development issues
- Working one-on-one with individual businesses considering relocation to Sheridan County
- Up-to-date community data and information
- Financial and business information for new and existing businesses
AND ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WAYS TO HELP OUR MEMBER BUSINESSES GROW AND PROSPER
Service to the Business Community
- Legislative Forum; Candidates Forum
- Bimonthly workshops on professional development or business issues
- Monthly information and networking luncheons
- Representation at local, state and national level
- Representation in statewide business organizations
- Monthly Business After Hours events (members only)
- Business networking through Chamber functions, committees, and information-sharing
- Business referrals
- Relocation information packets for new hires
- Information resource for businesses and about businesses
- Weekly e-newsletter with Chamber news and opportunities (members only)
- Weekly e-newsletter with announcements and promotions from Chamber members
- Many other advertising and promotional opportunities, including (for members) the ability to use the Chamber mailing list
- Chamber website with resource information
Service to the Community
- Community projects
- Promotions and events, e.g., Celebrate the Arts (early June), 3rd Thursday Street Festivals (four events each summer), Christmas Stroll (day after Thanksgiving)
- Promotion of other community events and activities
- Resource for community information
- Community calendar
- Community Resource Directory
- Annual “Leadership Sheridan County” development program
- Bimonthly Chamber Coffees in rural communities
- Annual reception for buyers of 4-H animals
- Real Life Fair and Job Shadow Day for middle school and high school students
- Sheridan Trolley service
- Resource for relocation inquiries; for visitors to the community
- Convention & meetings packets
- Availability of Sheridan city maps, state highway maps, and local telephone directories
- Chamber website with resource information